Mornin heat


whoo, it's 8:33 am and I am feeling the heat w/o a/c.

Last night, I ate at Sushi Mon and did the AYCE 1 hour challenge. Not much of a challenge because I am not a noob at AYCE sushi restaurants. And this place is great for AYCE because they'll even do half orders on rolls and everything on the list is allowed with a few few limits.
I arrived at a great time where everyone but one man was done eating so the fish came really really fast. Another factor, ordering nigiri strictly allows the food to arrive quickly.

I loved the albacore tuna nigiri the most. ::drool:: . The quality was great overall. For sides, my favorite was the cooked mussels; that's big for me because I'm generally not a big fan of mussels. I avoided special rolls because that's how you lose to the house. LoL. For the first time, I had a sake shooter that was interesting in content and taste. The sliced green onions and fish eggs threw me off initially so I quickly took it. If given the choice, I don't think I'd order that again.

OH! I almost forgot. For dessert, instead of green tea ice cream, plum ice cream was ordered. Holla! One of the best ice cream flavors ever. A long time ago, I had tasty hot plum wine. Conclusion: plums are way underrated.

I haven't been to many AYCE sushi restaurants, and I've been to sushi buffets like Todai and Makino. Sushi Mon wins over all of them.

2 comments:

Steven said...

!!! What are AYCE sushi restaurants? That sounded delicious...

B.Ho said...

All you can eat!

Post a Comment