Bricked

That's the status of my phone that I purchased several weeks ago. It was a samsung sch-i760, which i loved and hated. pros: wifi, touch screen, slide phone with full keyboard, and windows mobile 6 software. cons: touch screen was not as sensitive and accurate compared to my palm treo 700wx; call quality is moderate at best (lots of muffling); the software lagged when i did things too fast or when i slid the keyboard while it was in the middle of processing; bulky but not as bad as the 700wx.

So I was trying to update the 6.0 windows mobile to 6.1 and it failed in the middle of installing, causing it to brick and become very unresponsive.

As of now, I'm using my old old LG enV , which i must say is refreshing. The software is simple cuz it's a stupid phone but texting is fast and navigating is quick. It just doesn't have the capability of organizing like smartphones do. But I think I can live with it for now.

I'm looking into the lg touch or utstarcom blitz for verizon. It's a non-touchscreen smartphone with a keyboard and uses windows mobile 6.0 standard edition software. Possible risk is that it could be sluggish. I wish I could just safely update it to 6.1 and get the goodies like threaded sms.

If you have any suggestions, I'm looking for a good organizing phone that won't require a data plan from verizon. If there is a phone that can do that, I'd like to hear about it. Also, if your suggestion is not a smartphone/pda, i'd be more intrigued. And blackberries require a data plan, in case you were wondering.

I used a lot of if's.

b.Ho

8 comments:

Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steven said...

Meh... I posted a long long message earlier about Nokia phones lol but I re read your post and should take more into consideration a non "smartphone" phone so i deleted the un interesting talking.

BASICALLY What I said in the previous messages was Nseries nokia phones are reliable, pretty durable, have quality calls, and nice organizing features and is NOT laggy except with some video aspects. is compatible with many file formats including word office stuff like excel, powerpoint, word, and it also has adobe reader and great internet capabilities... but of course it's pricy and I dunno if you're as interested in them as much as me...

I also said sony ericssons are nice phones in call quality and features... but never personally used their organizer stuff.

But yes... course... you already knew all of that... anyway, I have an urge to help you find a phone made for you that's affordable too... cause not everyone is like me and is willing to spend 3-400 bucks on a phone lol.

What are you looking for in terms of an organizer and looks when it comes to a phone? and what other features would you be interested in? I have an obsession over phones and have looked at quite a lot... so maybe I can help.

darn... it's still lengthy... sorry...

Steven said...

OH YES! price range would be nice to know too... I'll search every nook and cranny on the internet to find something for you... particularly nokia... but I'll try not to be bias lol.

B.Ho said...

hey thanks steven! Under 200 bucks for me. The essentials for a phone would be strong call quality, good organizing freedom, quick os and navigation, ease of texting, doesn't require a data plan from verizon, and good compact size though i can live with a big phone (like my palm treo 700wx).

By organizing freedom, i mean where a calendar/notes/tasks isn't limited by characters (32 characters seems to be common in verizon phones), and getting to these programs is easy. simple phones seem to take 5 presses to get to the calendar/notes.

I like full keyboards but i can settle w/o if it means i get other essentials. I used to carry the first lg enV.

Luxuries of a phone not necessary but would be extra nice: touch screen, good camera and wi-fi.

Steven said...

Cool I'll do my best to find one. when do you plan on getting a new phone? soon?

Steven said...

HEY!!! ... I just realized something... All the unlocked phones that I found are only compatible with GSM carriers... AT&T and T-mobile... so... they won't work with your verizon network... Some nice phones I did find within verizon were either over priced or didn't have any nicer features than the two phones you're already looking at so... I guess I can't really help after all :( ...

As for the two phones you were looking into... I read multiple reviews on both phone's call quality and they both seem to have consistently good reviews. so far I've found one small flaw with LG dropping calls in certain areas and a few consistent complaints of light static on the Blitz here and there...

Idk... both are pretty awesome phones, though if it were me I'd pick the LG just cause there are much more features to it over the Blitz... course... that's cause Blitz is cheaper. If you like to read Microsoft office stuff, or Adobe pdf files on your phone, LG supports them but Blitz doesn't seem to.

Spec wise, both phones are pretty on par... it's just those extra features like better camera, touch, and music capabilities that make LG better.

Anyway, you probably already knew all that... Good luck, sorry for all the rambling... I guess I was quite useless in the end.

B.Ho said...

lol no it's all good. yea it sucks a lot that verizon uses cdma phones.

thanks for the work!

Post a Comment