Sick Ed


Eww I'm currently sick, and have been for a few days. Congested nasal cavity and coughs that hurt my head. I told my parents and now they won't stop calling. It'll be over soon, I hope.

I just watched the Spike Lee film called "25th Hour" starring Ed Norton. Fantastic movie with a touching ending. Makes me want to read the book (sorta). I wanted to read the book from the I Am Legend movie but never get myself to do that.

When it comes to books, I most prefer to read non-fictional books that can help you in real life. Currently, I'm slowly reading "Change of Heart."(Am I correctly naming titles of books/movies? I'll find out after I finish typing this blog.) I would rather read these books today because I find them much more useful. Earlier in my life, I read fictional books for entertainment, which I'm sure is the general reason people read such literature.

Which do you prefer to read?

Cough*

2 comments:

Amy said...

I can't make myself read it seems. I'm on some chapter of the old Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carrol. People tell me its not bad so I thought I'd try it... but I haven't picked it up since thanksgiving :'(

Steven said...

I don't read often but when I do, I end up falling asleep within half an hour most of the time regardless of how intriguing it may be... I guess I don't have the mental capacity to read cause I just tend to shut down and start to blindly read the book while I'm drowsy and then realizing I have no idea of what I read couple pages after... anyway I digress.

I like fictional books for the entertainment even though I don't read that often. Also the fact that I'm a theater student means I have to read a bunch of plays (which still makes me pass out). I haven't read any non-fictional books from what I can remember so I guess I can't really say what I prefer, but I do see your point. In the time it takes to finish a book, it'd be nice if it was useful time that broadens your mind.

Anyway, hope you're feelin better by now.

Post a Comment