4th- loyalty

Alright, this will be the fourth makeup post to cover each month I have missed. Wait, I missed 5 months. Too bad. My notes are pleading me to return to studying their ever so painful and detailed contents.

This final-for-now post was named loyalty, specifically, for product loyalty. I think we take it way too seriously and can even go too far. Such examples: APPLE VS ANDROID, IN-N-OUT VS FIVE GUYS, and PS3 VS XBOX.

You can observe the fierce intensities between "fanboys" ("sheep")in blogs,youtube and other forms of online mediums. Even in my class, there are those who just blindly "love" apple products and so on. I have been teasing them for fun, but I may have created some misunderstandings about myself. This morning a friend asked me about my phone and the conversation went like this:

Friend: So do you still love your droid phone?
Me: I like it. It does all that I want it to do.
Friend: So you just like it? You don't love it?
Me: *pausing* do I need to start making love to it?
Friend: *confused by my response*

Please don't think that I'm some super awesome cool guy that's better than everyone else. I've certainly thrown fuel into the fire over these things. I wonder about my diction on past blog posts on the droid x, asus laptop,and apple. They may display that I'm also a person of being too emotionally attached to my possessions.

Nonetheless, I'll still have my opinions and conclusions on anything. Even from now on, I will continue to write about my thoughts, but my goal is to remain more objective as much as possible.

1 comment:

Steven said...

I've always valued your opinions when it comes to comparing things because you do seem to back up your reasons for liking or enjoying something.

Although, there are some things, in my opinion, that you could like for no apparent reason... such as my strange fascination for certain shaped jars and bottles... and a little more on topic... I tend to prefer Nokia over most other mobile phones. I don't know why... maybe just cause I own one.

I also notice I tend to stay clear of things that most people around me have or talk about all the time, such as Apple products. I guess I like the idea of being different... maybe... I'm secretly goth and I don't know it... hmmm... I must ponder this thought a while...

Post a Comment